You might have already noticed that I am a little bit of a stir-fry addict. The fact that they are both tasty and quick had me sold from my first attempt. If you have never tried cooking Chinese food, this recipe is a great place to start.
This recipe is super easy, taking only around 20 minutes to get to your plate! Don't be scared off by the vegan title, it is actually very filling and a great weekday dinner whether you are vegan or not. I like it served with noodles but rice works too. Like all my recipes, it is made to be adapted and played around with. If you have any additions or make any changes that you like, feel free to share them in the comments below.
1) Slice the top off the pepper. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh and discard. Halve what is left and then cut into thin strips. Repeat with the chilli.
2) Then cut the courgette into thin slices and the broccoli into small florets. Chop the cashew nuts roughly or in half.
3) Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan on a high heat. When it is sizzling, add all the vegetables.
4) Stir-fry for about 4 or 5 minutes, then add the soy sauce and bring to the boil.
5) Once the sauce is boiling, bring the heat down and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6) Take off the heat and serve with noodles or rice.
Serves 2 Preparation time - 10 mins