Serves 2 Preparation time - 2 minutes (or the time it takes you to get the ingredients out of the cupboard!) Cooking time - 5 minutes
1 portion of grains - couscous, quinoa, buckwheat or brown rice
1 large handful of rocket
10 or 12 tomatoes
1 rasher of bacon
3 teaspoons good quality pesto - preferably home-made. Very good recipes can be found below:
Add some sliced mozzarella on the top for some extra flavour.
1) Cook the grains according to the instructions on the packet.
2) Heat up a splash of oil in a small frying pan. When it is sizzling, add the bacon and tomatoes (being careful if the oil is spitting.)
3) Turn the frying pan down to a medium heat, stirring the tomatoes occasionally. After 1 or 2 minutes, turn the bacon over. Leave for another few minutes, stirring the tomatoes occasionally, until the bacon is crispy.
4) Put a few pieces of kitchen roll on a plate. Pat the tomatoes dry with the kitchen roll to remove some oil. Chop or tear the bacon into small pieces.
5) Mix all the ingredients together and serve.