Serves 3/4 Preparation time - 10 mins Cooking time - 10 mins
Inspiration for this random improvised dish came from an inspiralized recipe for chicken and bok choy: http://inspiralized.com/2015/05/13/sesame-chicken-and-bok-choy-zucchini-noodle-bowl-with-sriracha/ As per usual, we didn't have many of the ingredients, so I chucked some alternatives together and came up with this. The alternative creation was something I just had to write down...
The optional ingredients are great, but in true Dancer Talks Food style, there are only 6 essential ingredients. Enjoy it!
Ingredients: 2 chicken breasts 1 bunch of pak choi 1/3 broccoli A handful of cashew nuts 2 tablespoons soy sauce 2 teaspoons honey
Optional: 3 spring onions 2 garlic cloves A pinch of chilli flakes 2 teaspoons sesame oil A squeeze of ginger paste or a thumb sized piece of ginger
Method: 1) Mix up the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and a clove of garlic (crushed) in a mixing bowl. Slice the chicken into thin strips, then add to the bowl, coat with the sauce and marinade for 15 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, chop the broccoli into very small florets, the pak choi, the ginger if not using a paste and the spring onions into small chunks. Crush the other garlic clove.
3) Heat a splash of oil in a wok or frying pan. When it is sizzling, add the marinaded chicken and brown on all sides for 4 or 5 minutes.
4) Add the ginger, chilli and garlic to the wok. Stir-fry very quickly for about 1 minute so that it doesn't burn.
5) Add the park choi, broccoli and cashew nuts and stir-fry for 3 or 4 minutes or until the pak choi has softened and the broccoli has browned.
6) Take off the heat and serve. If it is too dry, you can mix up another batch of marinade and pour over the top.